So as some of you might know, I was writing a story called Who Killed Emily? On episode interactive. If you haven’t read it, you can do so here. So, what is new about Who Killed Emily? Well I am happy to say it’s finally finished. I finished this story with 14 chapters.
As you read the story, you can see how I am improved in my directing (hopefully) and how the story took a very big turn. When I first planned the story, it was supposed to go on a whole different route, but as I kept on writing I changed my mind. I can say this helped and hurt my story.
One negative aspect is that I didn’t leave a lot of clues. This can be a positive to some people. I just wished I would have steered the audience that way a bit. Completing my story just made me so happy. I can’t even describe how I feel.
Now that I finished my story, I will be working on another one. Yes, another one. I will give you more details once I release it, but below I will give you some minor details about it.
Details on my new story
- It will be a romance story. Yes, I am exploring a new genre and hopefully it goes well. Mystery is still my favorite, and I will write another mystery story in the future after I finish a couple of stories I have planned. (Yes, I have about 3 stories I want to publish before the mystery story.)
- I will be working with a partner on this story. Yay me! What I would really suggest when writing with a partner is that … you tell them right away that this is a sort of contract thing. You don’t want to be with a partner that will ditch you right away or in the middle of it. Make sure you get the right people! It’s very important. I would suggest looking on the episode forums for partners or even Instagram. The episode community on Instagram is huge.
- It will still give you an option to choose whatever sexuality you want to have. I feel like we need more stories that embrace the LGBT community. (This is just my two cents.)
- It will include a lot of choices and will be using the point system. Who Killed Emily? dabbled a bit with the point system, but it used a lot of gains instead. I would be doing a lot of branching in this story (save me God) that means even outfit choices affect your ending.
- The chapters will vary in length depending on your choices, so choose wisely!
- The first episode will be a bit short, so I apologize.
- I have finished writing chapter 1. I just need to do a final play through and I will move onto chapter 2.
- After the first three chapters I will probably update once a month. (I am sorry, I am only one human being and I have other things in my life.)
- I will be posting sneak peeks on my Instagram, so make sure to follow me. You can find my Instagram in the footer of this page or by searching @thetalk_maddie on Instagram.
That’s all the info, I have on my new story. I will be making an update post once the first three chapters are released. I am currently looking of cover designers. If you are a cover designer or know a cover designer, let me know.Follow me on: