I changed my host a couple of months back. I used to run my blog on Weebly, but I decided to switch to WordPress since I believed WordPress to be bigger than Weebly. I had already ran my second blog on WordPress.com, but I decided for my main blog WordPress.org was better for me. One of the reasons being that I wanted plugins on in my blog. I currently don’t have a lot of plugins, but I do have a few that I use. So today I will share with you the plugins that I use.
Plugins that I use in my blog
- Favicon by RealFaviconGenerator: This plugin allows me to have a favicon. I simply just needed to design my favicon and upload it in the plugin. I truly believe a favicon makes a website feel a bit more professional. I would suggest getting a graphic designer to design your favicon, but if you are a small blogger like me I think doing it yourself would not hurt.
- Google Analytics Counter Tracker: I hate having to login to check my analytics. With this plugin, I only needed to sync my analytics account once. That’s it! Now I can see most of my analytics reports without having to go to the analytics page and logging in.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com: I really love this plugin since it gives me some the great stuff from WordPress.com.
- Easy Google Fonts: I really don’t know much about this plugin except the fact that it gives you fonts that are good for google. I have it activated, but I haven’t seen anything different.
- Yoast SEO: This plugin has to be by far the best SEO plugin out there. I love it so much. It allows me to do a lot of things including identify my keywords, measure the readability of my posts, make sure my pics have the keyword in the alt text etc. It is so powerful, and you get all these features for free. There is a paid version for those who want more features, but personally since I am a small blogger I don’t see the need to upgrade yet.
- YouTube: This beautiful plugin allows me to showcase my YouTube videos on my blog. I don’t have to post the embed code or a link. It automatically updates the page with new videos whenever I upload. I really think this is a beautiful way to showcase my videos.
- User Submitted Posts: The last plugin I have is by far the most important for me. In my previous blog, getting guest submissions used to be such a hassle, but this little plugin fixed everything. I just copied a small code onto a page and boom. Now whenever someone wants to guest blog all they have to do is click login and enter in their WordPress login (this is so that I know who the person is), once a user has completed the form the post will be saved as a draft, so that I can approve it. You can mess with the settings, so that guest bloggers can have their posts show up automatically once they click submit. I don’t recommend this since you don’t really know what someone might write, and I don’t think you would want a guest post to ruin your image.
And that Is all the plugins I use. I know there a lot of plugins out there, so if there is a plugin that you would like to recommend to me let me know in the comments. Also in the comments let me know if you use plugins? And if so which ones?