You know nowadays with social media being such an interact part of our life, we usually forget to be have a face to face talk with so many of our loved ones. A text message can never truly replace a face to face conversation. Social media also allows us to have hundreds of friends online majority of whom we don’t even know. Would we be okay with telling our Instagram followers or our Facebook friends our problems? What are the signs of a real friend? What are the qualities of a friend?
It has now become harder and harder for people to find true friends. It seems like most of us usually surround ourselves with people are just there for our happy times. The “friends” that are always there to party with you but the minute you have a problem they’re gone. How can we identity our real friends from fake ones?
How to identity a true friend? 5 qualities I think are important in a friend:
- Trust: I think the most important aspect in a friendship is trust. If you can’t trust the person, then they don’t qualify as a true friend. A friend should be someone who you shouldn’t be afraid to confide in. They should be able to keep your secrets and try to help you in the best way the can even if it’s just a simple advice or shoulder to cry on.
- Loyalty: A true friend should have your back 100% of the time and you should as well. A friend that’s quick to back stab isn’t a true one at all. A true friend should stand by you during the good and bad times.
- Listens to you and communicates openly with you: True friends should be able to communicate freely between each other and listen to what the other person wants to say.
- Make time for you: A true friend is someone who makes time for you. They don’t just call or text you when it’s convenient to them.
- No motives: Finally, I think this is very important and that it is a true friend doesn’t have a motive for being your friend. Types of motives can include wealth or popularity. A true friend is someone who is your friend, because they like you for you and not what you offer to them.
There are plenty of other things you should look for in a friend, but for me those are the top 5. And this isn’t just a one-way street either, you should also follow those rules. You can’t expect people to be a good friend to you when you aren’t a good friend to them. Always make sure you are there in their time of need and happiness and also listen. Listening is one the best things you can do for someone. It’s great to know that you have someone you can talk to. You don’t even have to have all the solutions to someone’s problem just listening is more than enough in most cases.
What do you guys look for in a friend? Let me know in the comments below.Follow me on: