Last year while this version of my blog was fairly new, I created a 2017 New Year’s resolution. You can read last year’s post here. Today I want to look at what I crossed off from last year’s list and create a 2018 resolution.
Finish this year with decent grades.
I was able to finish the year with decent grades, so I can’t complain too much.
- Try not to procrastinate.
This will not be crossed off, because my procrastination actually got worse this year.
- Try to be consistent with my posting schedule. Post at least once a week.
Hahahahahahahaha! That made me laugh. Yeah you guys know that didn’t happen. Apparently schedules and me don’t get along.
- Minimum blog length 500 words.
This didn’t happen either. Most of my blogs this year were around 300 words which I think is shameful, but It’s the truth.
- Include a picture in every blog
Oh so close! I think most of my blogs did. There were some where I didn’t include a picture, because I couldn’t find one or didn’t want to create one.
- Post about a wider variety of things.
I am not crossing this off either since while I did venture and do some new types of posts. I just have been consistent enough, so that people can see the variety.
- Do more reviews.
This didn’t happen either. Welp.
- Try to make the blog look professional (somewhat)
Uh… I don’t even know what image I had in mind at that time, so I can’t cross this off either.
- Be active on my social media sites.
Didn’t happen. I was super active on Instagram, but Twitter and Tumblr have been abandoned.
- Get more readers. At least 500 monthly readers.
Sadly while my visits have been hovering around that number monthly, I don’t believe it has been consistent enough to cross it off.
- More user interaction. What I mean by this is that, I want to see more comments. If you know what I mean. I’m currently blessed for the amount of views (around 200) my blog hasn’t gotten. This is such a large number for me, and I would like to thank the people that read my blog! I hope by this time next year, we have added some new people to our little family here on the internet. The Talk With Moi for me isn’t just a blog, it’s a community.
Like I mentioned above while those views have increased. I don’t think user interaction is big enough, so that I can fully cross this off.
- Work on Feasa languages.
This can’t be crossed off since I merged that blog with this. Check out why here.
By this time next year, I hope I have 50 subscribers. We are currently at 35! Whoop Whoop. If you have not subscribed yet, go on ahead and do that. I make tutorials, gameplays, and learn Amharic videos.
The Talk With Moi now has 200 subscribers. Thank you!
Continue to do my learn Amharic videos.
I am crossing this off since I did do the videos consistently. Right now, I am on break since there is nothing to do.
Do reaction videos.
I did one!
- Edit my videos a lot more.
I really need to work on this.
Finish “Who Killed Emily?” If you have not read it, go on a read it.
I did finish my first story! I am so happy. You can read more about Who Killed Emily? here.
- Start and finish my second episode story.
While I did start my second story, I wasn’t able to finish it this year.
Work with a co-author.
I am currently working with a co-author on my second story.
- Be better at directing and writing.
I have gotten better, but not at the level I want to be at yet.
Possibly be more active in the forums.
- Be more organized.
Nope. Didn’t happen.
- Stop procrastinating.
- Save money. Stop wasting my money on stupid stuff.
Definitely gotten worse.
- Try to eat a bit healthier, drink more water, and try to exercise.
Nope. Didn’t happen.
Find new projects to work on.
I have started on new projects. Yay!
I am going to group them like I did last year.
- Finish the year with decent grades.
- Try not to wait until the last minute to do homework.
- Please for the love of Jesus try to be consistent. At least once a week. Just once. (Watch me fail)
- Try to create posts that are entertaining yet informative.
- Make all posts at least 500 words.
- Try to increase user interaction and get 500 monthly views.
- Collaborate with other bloggers.
- Figure out what I want from my channel.
- Finish Love Quest.
- Start a new story.
- Get 1000 reads on Love Quest.
- Get 1.5K followers on Instagram.
- Be more active.
A much shorter list than last year’s, so hopefully it will be easier to achieve. Key word is should.Follow me on: